How Printing In-House Cuts CostsNovember 20, 2018
Whether printing is a large or small part of your business’s workflow, it’s always worth assessing the benefits of moving your printing jobs from outsourced printing to in-house printing. In fact, depending on your organization’s industry and its needs, in-house printing is often the no-brainer solution to maximizing workflows and decreasing overall production costs.
In-House Printing vs. Outsourcing
The first step in determining whether outsourced or in-house printing is best suited for your business is to first assess your business’s printing needs and deal breakers and then compare the two methods.
Though organizations may choose to outsource their printing jobs in order to save on the upfront cost of purchasing printing equipment, it’s important to note that there are several disadvantages to outsourced printing, including:
- Slow Turnaround Times – Outsourced print jobs can take days to process, which means that projects can fail to meet tight deadlines.
- Lack of Flexibility – If there is a rush order or last-minute changes you need to make to a print job, it may not be possible to get print materials out on time when dealing with a third-party vendor.
- Cost – by outsourcing your print jobs you can incur additional charges as vendors may not actively seek the most cost-effective printing or mailing options.
- Materials Become Obsolete – Typically organizations have to commit to higher volumes of materials to receive what is perceived to be attractive pricing. When changes are needed in the content or layout of these documents, any remaining documents that have been pre-printed are now obsolete and would be discarded
- Security Risks – for organizations that deal with confidential customer data, outsourced print jobs can present a security risk as a third-party is dealing with these sensitive documents.
If any of the above are deal breakers for your organization, it may be time to consider moving your printing jobs in-house.
Organizations that decide to move their printing in-house have several advantages, including:
- Quicker Turnaround Times – control over printing jobs gives organizations the ability to meet strict and rushed deadlines so that you can prioritize your own work.
- Flexibility – need to make last minute changes to a print job? No problem. In-house printing gives businesses the flexibility to make changes anywhere, anytime.
- Control – in-house printing allows you to have complete control over when and how you print.
- Print Only What’s Required – in-house printing allows you to print only the quantities your need – when you need them
- Security – for organizations that are constantly printing confidential or sensitive documents, printing in-house significantly reduces the risk of potential data breaches that outsourced printing does not.
How Does In-House Printing Cut Costs?
Although the upfront cost of in-house printing may initially deter some businesses from going in-house, it’s important to keep in mind that you actually end up saving more money (and time) in the long-run than you would with outsourced printing. Today, with newer and more efficient multi-functional printers available on the market, there’s never been a better time to take your printing in-house. Printers today now allow for affordability and quality to go hand-in-hand, so that the daily materials you rely on (such as business cards, flyers, brochures, etc.) can be printed at a lower cost than ever before. Along with no markups or processing fees that you would incur with a third-party vendor, cutting down on costs is one of the main reasons that many organizations are now taking their print jobs in-house.
How OE Canada Helps Organizations Implement Cost-Efficient In-House Printing
At OE Canada, we help businesses manage their in-house printing jobs by taking our printing expertise right to you. Our dynamic printing services offer:
- 4 Hour Service Promise – At OE Canada, we guarantee that you will always receive same-day service.
- Local Service Dispatch – Call on us whenever you need to, we’re just around the corner and ready to swing by!
- Local Parts & Supplies Warehouse – No need to wait months for print parts to ship with our local warehouse.
- Toner Supply for All Printer Brands – Gone are the days where you had to track your printer’s toner like it’s your day-job. No matter your printer, we’ve got a toner for that.
- On Site Services – Something not right with your device? Just give us a call and we will come straight to you.
Talk to an OE Canada Rep today to learn more about how we can help you transition your business’s printing in-house.