Document Management Systems
Document Management Systems
Many organizations are still dealing with paper documents and then storing them in traditional filing cabinets and boxes. The real problem comes when you need to find a document as it is time consuming to track it down in a physical location. It gets even more complex if someone else in the organization has taken that document already.
Here are some interesting statistics as to why you need to get your documents organized:
- Workers spend half of their time looking for documents and waste valuable time by searching for paper-based documents in multiple filing cabinets
- A study done by Price Waterhouse Coopers indicates that searching for a lost document costs over $120 and recreating it can be $250 or more
- The average office spends $25,000 to fill a four drawer filing cabinet and $2,000 annually to maintain it
- It can cost $20 in labour to file a document
Key Features of Digital Document Management
Document management is the smarter way to manage your business information. It’s a comprehensive system that converts emails, invoices, contracts and other invaluable documents to help create a more valuable resource and create business intelligence insights. Some key features of digital document management include:
- Version control, to be able to have access to the latest version of a document
- Roll-back, to activate a prior version of a document in case of error
- Audit trail, to be able to track who completed what work and when
Benefits of Digital Document Management from OE Canada
Ink freely with a digital document management system that allows you to convert your paper files to digital ones with ease. Whether you are a small business or large enterprise, OE Canada offers document management software that can be customized to fit your needs. Some of the many benefits of digital document management include:
- Saving time trying to search for paper documents in traditional filing systems
- Streamlined and organized documents, ready when you need them
- Providing access and transparency to content across departments
- Creating a consistent document management infrastructure
- Streamlining collaboration on shared documents
Enterprise Document Management
Enterprise Content Management is a technology that allows you to take control over the critical information that is held in your organization. This critical information can be stored in documents, emails, invoices, contracts etc.
Most organizations realize the need for enterprise document management after identifying that too many paper documents are causing bottlenecks when trying to process, access or store this information. With an Enterprise Content Management solution from OE Canada, you and your team can enjoy numerous benefits.
Benefits of Enterprise Document Management Systems from OE Canada
Enterprise document management can assist large organizations and provide benefits with the following processes:
- Keep track of all your information:
An intuitive Enterprise content management solution will give you the ability to have a complete and secure document management from the creation of the document to the destruction. Documents should be centralized, searchable and automatically linked to the appropriate account.
- Reduce operating costs:
Increase your productivity without increasing your staff. An ECM solution will eliminate the cost of printing, shipping and storing paper. This information will be captured digitally so that it provides instant-access for the right people, from anywhere, and from any device.
- Give you document version control:
Losing control over critical documents is a thing of the past. Your team can work on one document at the same time and still have time-stamped saved versions in case it’s needed to revert to an older version.
- Improve customer service:
Your ECM system from OE Canada will help you recover time spent searching in multiple locations for documents and then waiting for files to be pulled and delivered. Receive real-time visibility into the status of requests and transactions.
- Minimize risk:
Enforce your security policies while tracking all documents with an ECM solution from OE Canada. Automate retention periods and facilitate reporting and auditing on the information you already have.
Save Time With Software Management
Up your print game and save time and energy by powering your new or existing OE Canada printer or copier with industry-leading software. Organizations use software in their printing and office environments to increase overall office productivity and reduce costs as a long-term solution.
Stay ahead of the curve with document management solutions, managed printing services, and workflow management tools. Many organizations in the London, Guelph and Kitchener Waterloo areas select OE Canada as their partner as we offer the industry’s leading technology solutions so that you can focus on your core business.
The benefits of selecting document management software solutions from OE Canada
Many organizations who have implemented software and document management have seen:
- Increased productivity: Spend less time searching for the right document and more time focusing on getting the job done.
- Decrease in paper waste: Move away from relying on traditional paper documents and reduce your paper footprint to benefit our planet. Check out the Papercut software for printing responsibly and eliminating waste.
- Decrease in printing costs: Software management solutions mean that less paper is required to be printed – saving your business money over time on printing costs.
- Streamlined business processes: Say goodbye to the days of emailing back and forth with other departments to get the tools and documents you need to get the job done. Access everything you need, when you need it most. Gain new levels of efficiency with the Docuware software.